Monday, May 03, 2010

Mother's Day Approaches....


So Mother's Day is less than a week away. What are you doing for your mom? As a mom, what would you want done for you? Our pastor yesterday instructed from the pulpit that men should include new clothes, a day of no cleaning, cooking or chores, and of course, lots of diamonds on their Mother's Day agendas. Hehehe. Sounds good to me! Thanks Pastor! ;)

This year I'm a little melancholy about the big day, however. This is the first Mother's Day since my Mother-in-Law's traumatic accident last June. Not only that, but her birthday is just a few weeks later - and then the anniversary of the accident. Its going to be a hard time for our family, especially for my husband. I'm trying to get prepared now for the emotional aspect of it all, for myself and on his part.

But on a brighter note, my sister's baby arrived just in time for Mother's Day, so she'll get to celebrate with little Fallyn.

And I'm looking forward to Mother's Day with my own Little Miss. She is such a blessing to my life! Can't remember what I did without her...

Do you have any special plans yet? Any diamond requests? ;)

5 comments:

Erica Vetsch said...

I know how you are feeling, Betsy. This is the first Mother's Day without my mother-in-law. Her birthday was a hard day, but my sister-in-law and I went out to lunch and reminisced.

I'm not a diamonds kind of girl. I asked my husband for a weed-whacker...not that I'm a lawn queen diva either, but I do want to trim the edges of our spread. :)

Sherri M said...

Hello Betsy.

I asked for a day of no cooking or cleaning, a foot rub, and a hot bath for Mothers' Day! I'm a new mom (my son is 7.5 months), so this Mothers' Day - he's most of the gift!

I read the article about you in the MoneySaver. Congratulations on your books! I read Rodeo Sweetheart before I saw the article and loved it! I live out in Haughton, so it was amazing to learn you were from around here.

I'll lift you and your family in prayer. I know God will provide the comfort your husband needs through you.

Unknown said...

I'm not a mom, but I'm having a hard time thinking of a gift for my mom! My dad was diagnosed with stage four cancer back in October, and she's been a ROCK spiritually and emotionally for our family. I want to do something special. She doesn't like thinks like diamonds, facials, massages, etc. (What's wrong with her? LOL!)

Julia M. Reffner said...

First holidays can be so hard after losing a relative. Father's day was always rough, but is much easier now that my husband is a father. I'll lift you and your family up.

I agree with Sherri as a mom of preschoolers. I would just love a dinner I don't need to cook and maybe a trip to the bookstore.

Georgiana Daniels said...

HAHA, Erica asking for a weed whacker!

I have no clue what I'm getting, but my 5 year old has been making plans for weeks. Should be exciting!