Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I'm Dreaming of a White Summer....


Okay, I need to live vicariously for a bit. Who all is going on summer vacation, and where? Did the Gulf spill mess up your plans? Let's talk va-cay for awhile and let me drool!

With our financial situation due to my husband's job layoff last winter and our hectic schedules right now between all of our multiple part time jobs, a vacation is pretty much just a distant dream. (as is the ACFW conference this year in Indiana, but that's a blog for another day!) A distant dream of warm suntan oil, chilly umbrella drinks, pristine white sands, and bright blue skies.

We might be able to do a cheap beach trip this fall with my family (vacations are cheaper when you split costs 3 way!) if the Gulf has straightened out by then, but we're having to play that by ear. I hope it works out.

This is a pic I took on a cruise we did several years ago. Candid pic from my position on the beach but looks like a postcard!


So where are you going? Hey, stow me away and I'll even gladly take your sunburn for you ;)

If I'm going to dream, I'm gonna dream big, and pretend I'm going to Hawaii. Or no, wait. Europe. Oh yes. ::::sighs::::

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm going through the Dave Ramsey financial peace course with a group at church, so there is no vacation for me until I am debt free. It's sad in a way, but finally being able to get away on a vacation without knowing I'll still be paying for the vacation six months later will be WORTH IT!

Ruth said...

Hi Betsy,

A white summer in Europe sure does sound like a fabulous idea!

I just finished reading Rodeo Sweetheart. Love.Love.Love love it. I'm sure i'm going to be re reading it sooner or later.

Thanks for such a beautiful gift!
Blessings,
Ruth

Betsy St. Amant said...

Ruth, I'm so glad!! Thanks for letting me know. That makes my day!