Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!


So, if the commercial industry can declare a holiday like Mother's Day, can I declare it again for today? I'd love two in a row, please. =)
I hope everyone had a lovely day yesterday. Mine didn't turn out as expected - Hubby got asked to work a shift last minute on Saturday, so he was gone the entire 24 hours of Mother's Day. I was initially disappointed but the day turned out well. He surprised me with a gift and card "from Little Miss" early that morning before he left. I made muffins with Little Miss and had some fun pre-church snuggles, then we enjoyed a good time with our church friends and lunch after with my family - my parents, my grandparents, my sister and her new baby. Then it was home for a short nap and more snuggletime with my baby girl!

Being a mom is the best blessing in the world. Even during the days when I get overwhelmed with life and think "we're never gonna have a full time job again. we're never gonna have money again. we're never gonna get out of this. my MIL is never going to get well." etc. etc. etc., all it takes a smile from my Little Miss and my world is centered again. Her laugh can straighten my priorities, and her hug and kiss can remind me what's important. Nothing can cheer a bad mood faster than an adorable almost-22 month old waking up in her crib with messy hair, and in the space of 30 seconds, randomly demand applesauce, identify all of her stuffed animals by name (Gigi, Baby, Duck, Willis, and Puppy) inform me that her feet are cold, and give me a good morning eskimo kiss.

God gives us gifts through our kids - free gifts - the gifts of love, and joy, and patience, and laughter. I'm so grateful!
Here's some pics of the day.



How was your day? Anyone else want Mother's Day Part 2?? =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Betsy, It has been a long time since we connected. You and your family are beautiful. When we last "chatted" you were pregnant with Little Miss!

I have stuck to your advice as to how to progress in this business. So far, White Rose requested a full. I am looking for an agent and I am submitting to Steeple Hill very soon.

If you have any more advice, just email me at tr_romancewriter@yahoo.com and btw I still use that synopsis that you and I put together. Thanks Tina Roberts