Monday, May 17, 2010

Nighttime Stories

Okay, true confession time, authors!

Do you tend to dream in a plot format? I have been lately. My dreams will be this really complicated plot, usually with a romance involved - and its as if I'm watching or reading the dream even though I am also starring in it. There's a beginning, middle, and end. There's conflict, motivation, and a big Black Moment climax. Sometimes I even find myself "editing" as I "watch".

Please tell me I'm not alone! haha.

Then there are the nights like last week when I read a historical prairie romance before bed, yet somehow dreamed about vampires, futuristic technology and castles!!

Do you incorporate your writing career into your dreams? Do you dream about real life events or a combo of made-up fantasy too? I've always dreamed in color, and always dreamed a LOT of dreams in one night. Maybe like short stories? lol And I'm famous for taking tiny things that don't stand out to me in real life during the day, and incorporating them into my dreams too.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

I dream in color too! I have very vivid dreams and I almost always remember them the next day.