Friday, May 07, 2010

Time is relative?

So I've been continuing with my kickboxing kick, against all odds. Seriously, as a mother of a toddler who also writes ficton, freelances for a newspaper (with an average of 2 articles a week) and works part time outside the home (as well as tries to cook and keep the house clean and laundry washed!) I have to get creative.

Since I missed my workout last night (Hubby was at a Bible study 'til late and I didn't feel comfortable leaving Little Miss to sleep in the house alone while I went out to the barn in the pitch black of night), then I had to work out today. Well, Hubby had plans again to help a friend, so unless I wanted to skip my writing time during Little Miss' afternoon nap and work out then (when its 90 degrees today, no thanks!) then I had to take Little Miss with me earler in the morning. I suited up with my gloves and water and cranked up the music in the barn. Little Miss played in and out of the barn, (mostly in the dirt right outside) while I worked out.

It went surprisingly well. At one point, she gestured at me with a grin and said "Mama pow pow!" haha. I said "yes, Mama goes pow pow". She then cracked up and every time after that when I hit the bag, she'd laugh hysterically.

Makes me a little insecure about my form....

Anyways, what do you do to get creative for time? As busy wives, moms, employees, homemakers, and writers, how do you find time to write or do your hobby of choice? Do you wait until you are alone or find a way to involve your children if needed, like I did today? Which works best for you?

Happy Weekend!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't know what I would do without nap time. :) That's when I get my me time. Hopefully, it will be easier to involve him the older he gets. Happy Mother's Day!

Georgiana Daniels said...

I'm not sure. Somehow most of it gets fit in, but something always falls through the cracks. Once I started exercising again, everything got squished! Sadly, the easiest things to let go are always the things most important to mommy :( Try not to let that happen to you!