Friday, May 21, 2010

Shoe, a heel, a very high heel (to the tune of Sound of Music's "Doe, a deer...")

Not entirely sure who this woman is, but she's awesome - because she's on crutches and still rocking high heels!!


After Wednesday afternoon, she's my hero.

I don't even have a good story. She's on George Clooney's arm, she probably has a great story! I, on the other hand, was simply walking across my aunt's kitchen at a graduation luncheon for my cousin, and then suddenly, was not. Props to my husband who saw me fall from about two feet away and didn't even laugh! I laughed, until I realized how bad it hurt. I must have looked like quite the sight, walking and then suddenly bowing down into an extreme curtsy on the floor. My 4 inch heels slipped on the tile and down I went! My shoe turned sideways. The height of my shoe didn't make me fall, but it probably did contribute to how badly I wrenched my foot. I landed on my opposite knee which is also bruised, and somehow I have a bruise on my arm, not sure how thats even possible. I even scuffed up the floor pretty bad. Hubby was able to polish it all away with wet paper towels. Thankfully the rest of the party didn't realize what had happened until later. Talk about embarassing.

To sum it all up....OW.

I made it back to work that afternoon, not realizing that it was sprained, and by the end of the day, couldn't put any weight on it at all. That made getting back to my car two blocks away interesting, but I made it home and Hubby made me ice and ace-bandage it for the rest of the night. Pain wise it's okay - until I put weight on it.

After seeing me literally crawl to the bathroom that evening, Hubby called in to work at his part time job and stayed home with me yesterday to help out. He cooked, even vacuumed, changed Little Miss's diapers, etc. She was sooooo sweet - kept trying to unwrap the ace bandage and saying all concerned "Mama, toe!!!" She doesn't understand why Mama can't sit on the floor and roll a ball or play dollhouse. =( Poor baby. But we'll make it!

I hope it heals quickly. In the meantime I'm making great headway on my freelance articles and novel proposal revisions. =)

So, now everyone is telling me to start wearing flats. I just smile and nod while mentally rehearsing the glorious moment when I can wear my heels again. Hey, true shoe lovers don't let little things like sprained feet stand in their way.

Just ask Clooney's date.

1 comment:

Georgiana Daniels said...

LOL, you will not be converted to Keds!

Heal quickly, but enjoy the time off :D