Monday, March 01, 2010

Times, they are 'a changin'

So tomorrow, I start a part time job!

It's a great, well-paid opportunity that will really make a difference in my family's finances. Right now, searching the couch for coins would probably make a big difference - so I can't pass this up.

Hubby is still without a full time job, but there is a light at the end of that dark tunnel as he is getting closer to finishing up the process for the sheriff dept here in town. Looks like the fire dept. doors are closing for him to transfer, which is disappointing but we want to go where God leads. And with the doors slamming shut right and left, it looks as if this sheriff dept. path is wide open. So, onward we walk!

In the meantime, I will be working three days a week and my mother taking care of Little Miss during those few days. I'm so grateful I can avoid the emotional and literal cost of daycare this way, and Little Miss will get some fun, regular playtime at Nana's house. And I still have time with her myself, more often in the week than not, which is my consolation, and I will still have plenty of time to write - evenings, weekends, nap times two days a week, etc. It will all work out!

I'm excited about the job too because my sister works there, and helped get me the position, and she will get to train me. So that will be fun getting to spend time with her before her maternity leave in May. All good things! But I'm sure it will be a little bit of an adjustment on behalf of me and Little Miss. So prayers are appreciated!

In the meantime, Hubby is working his booty off at two part time jobs while he goes through the process for the sheriff dept. and is working as well on a paint job for a family friend. We barely see him these days, but I'm trusting this hard time is just a season and soon - hopefully as in a few months or less "soon" - we will all be together more and money won't be quite the ordeal it is now.

Thanks for your prayers and encouragement during this time in our life! I can't believe it's "only" been two months since he was laid off the fire dept. the end of December. Most days it feels as if it's been at least six months already. It's been an amazing journey, full of tears, but also full of gratitude as our needs have been met by our Saviour in very creative ways. =)

Let's hope this tunnel comes to an end quickly, but that the lessons last a lifetime!

What lessons are you learning in your current season of life? This is a safe place to vent or share, anytime!

PS - more good news. I met with the editor of a local newspaper/magazine last Friday, and am officially a new freelance writer for them. I will hopefully be bringing in a little more money this way, as well as venturing into journalism - which will be super fun. Praise God! =)

3 comments:

Georgiana Daniels said...

It's really encouraging to watch how God meets your needs throughout this trial. He is amazing! It really does seem like it's been longer than two months. Hmm. Very glad that you found something that is both part time and pays well--usually it's one or the other. Yay!

Eileen Astels Watson said...

"Let's hope this tunnel comes to an end quickly, but that the lessons last a lifetime" Betsy, this is such a great way to think!

I'm praying for you!

Lessons I'm learning lately? To just take one day at a time.

Erica Vetsch said...

Yay! God is so good! He provides in amazing ways.