Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Just another Manic Tuesday....and Wednesday...and Thursday...

I have a confession.

I like the Bangles. I do. I'm actually a closet 80's music fan, it's just very selective. Bangles. Heart. Cyndi Lauper.

It's not uncommon for "Manic Monday" to be stuck in my head, on any given day, especially lately. It seems my time is more and more taken up by various things, and while I sometimes feel rushed and stressed, guess what?? I've discovered that I'm actually more productive when under pressure. Maybe what urges me on is knowing that I only have set times to do things in, and if I don't do them then, they won't happen.

I guess that's how I've so far been managing my new part time job abstracting for an oil and gas company, writing articles for my new freelance job, keeping up my blog, arranging a book tour for my April 1st release of RODEO SWEETHEART, keeping the house clean, dishes done, and laundry washed, spending quality time with my daughter and hubby, keeping up with my devotionals, staying in touch with friends, attending writer's conferences, going to church...

Some days it seems the list never ends. That the "To-Do's" will always be a longer list than my "Have Done's" but....it's okay. It really is. Because that means I'm living life. If everything was done, and I had nothing coming up, nothing to look forward to, nothing to work toward, nothing to accomplish or dream or reach for...well, how boring is that?

How do you handle your time as a busy mom/writer/wife/friend/sister/daughter/employee?

2 comments:

Georgiana Daniels said...

LOL, I guess right now I don't. If I look at all the things I can't do, I'd implode. I've been forced to focus on the little bits and learn to be content, even if things aren't done. Someday I hope to get back to where I can have a massive to-do list and feel the joy of accomplishment, but for now I have to learn to let it roll off my back. NOT an easy lesson.

Erica Vetsch said...

Wow, you have a lot on your plate.

I too find I am more productive the more tyrranical my to-do list becomes.