Tuesday, December 15, 2009

$


Do you ever wish you were rich?

The Bible says the love of money is the root of all evil, and we can't serve both God and money. But He doesn't say that MONEY is the root of all evil - just when we go overboard in serving it instead of Jesus. There's a very definite line there, one that I pray I'd never cross if I were ever in the position to do so.

Today, I wish I was rich. I'm not talking about because it'd be nice to not stress about our bills for a pay period, or because I want the adorable purple purse in JCPenney or because I want to buy Little Miss a pony (I don't, I mean figuratively). I just mean I wish I had extra money to bless others with.

I think it'd be the coolest thing ever to be able to leave a waitress a $100 tip and bless her socks off that shift. Or hear of a friend needing to pay a hospital bill and saying "you know what? I got that. Don't sweat it." Or just randomly mail another friend an annonymous envelope full of cash because you felt God prompting you to do so.
We recently had some meet a big financial need for us and it still brings me to tears of gratitude and I pray one day God allows me the chance to help bless someone else in that same way.

God, so far, hasn't given me this desire of my heart, and it's sad for me today especially, because there are several friends who I wish I could help this morning...and I just can't. Friends who are good people, who have good hearts and love the Lord and are struggling to make it.

God provides for His children, He's proven that to us time and time again. I'm praying for His provision today for others. Will you?

4 comments:

Erica Vetsch said...

I think this is a great reminder that you don't have to be rich to bless others. We're not called to only bless others monitarily or only if we're as rich as Bill Gates.

Give out of what you have, and in the ways you can.

You bless me with every post you write on this blog.

Georgiana Daniels said...

I second what Erica said!

God sees your heart, and He knows your desire. Bless in the ways you can...and you are a blessing!

Linda said...

I'm totally with Erica here. One doesn't need to have money to bless others.

Whatever it is that God has blessed us with, that is what we can share. Don't discount your time and the talents you have.

The way you share your faith and love for God is a blessing to many.

Betsy St. Amant said...

You guys are so sweet! Thank you!!