Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Let the countdown begin...

Next Wednesday will be my last day as a full time employee outside the home! Then I'll start a new job - being a stay at home mommy and author.

Wow.

I'm excited and nervous! lol Any words of advice from veteran stay at home moms?

I'm not so nervous about getting my writing done, because I've already gotten lots of great tips on that from other authors, and I know my mother is still going to want to keep Little Miss often. She has already told me it'd be impossible to go from keeping her all day, 3-4 days a week (and more often lately since my MIL's accident!) to hardly at all. So there will be plenty of time to meet deadlines and have productive writing time. Praise God for loving Nana's!! =)

I guess what I'm nervous about right now is the $, of course, especially in this time of economic chaos. These things rarely work on out paper but under the nervous "oh my gosh, I won't have a paycheck anymore" feelnig is such true peace I know-know-know this is what God has for us. So He will take care of us.

It will be an adjustment but an amazing one, one I've wanted for the last 11 1/2 months. My Little Miss is growing up and I've been so fortunate to have still caught all of her "firsts" even while working full time. Now I'll be there even more AND before her first birthday. God answered my specific prayer of that timeline from months ago!

Basking in blessings today...

PS - no big news on my MIL today, other than they are getting ready to move her to a long term care facility. This isn't a bad thing, just the next step. She'll be moved when the facility has an opening.

5 comments:

Georgiana Daniels said...

My best advice: don't stress about things not getting done. I wanted to have everything perfectly perfect, but then I realized it steals time from the kids. Enjoy your time with her :)

Eileen Astels Watson said...

Enjoy your new position, Betsy!!And we always spend within our means, so I wouldn't worry about lost paycheck. You'll automatically adjust your spending accordingly. Amazing how much work incidentals add up to when you no longer require them!

Susan said...

Before you buy something, ask yourself: "do we really need this? Is this the best use of our money right now?" These questions can really help to limit the "whim spending" and keep you on track.

Erica Vetsch said...

You're going to make an awesome SAHM, just like you make an awesome wife, employee, author and friend.

Gina Conroy said...

Advice...don't eat out and when you do remember the dollar menu is your friend! You'll be amazed at how much money you'll save!