Thursday, June 04, 2009

Got Milk?



I was leaving my house for work this morning, and about a 1/4 mile from our street (on a windy, country highway) I saw two cop cars parked on the top of a sharp curve ahead, lights flashing. I immediately slowed down, assuming there had been a wreck. People take that curve too fast all the time, and I braced myself to see a car in a ditch or against a tree.


No wreck! Just two potbellied sherrifs standing on the side of the highway, scratching their balding heads and pointing at...


Cows?


Yep. Cows. Sixty of 'em, easy. All milling around the front yard of a house next door to their (open) corral, just feet off the road. Some were grazing, some were walking, some were mooing. They looked thrilled to be free.


The sherrifs, not so thrilled. I couldn't help but laugh at their stricken "what the heck do we do now" expressions!!


Looks like someone's in for an unexpected Thursday round-up...

5 comments:

Kate said...

That's funny. At least they weren't all in the road.

Eileen Astels Watson said...

Too funny. Thanks for the smile!

Erica Vetsch said...

This made me laugh. Bet they didn't practice that at the Police Academy.

Georgiana Daniels said...

LOL, love your graphic!

Anonymous said...

betsy-ann.blogspot.com; You saved my day again.