Monday, June 15, 2009

Decisions today...

Last night was a good night. Hubby was home for the first time to sleep in a week, and we had a good family after/evening together. Went to the Boardwalk and ate a nice dinner, and Little Miss was in fine form, very happy to have Daddy home for awhile. She danced to the music at the restaurant and played hard with her "da-da" - even said the actual word "daddy" for the first time. Precious!

Today is a day of decisions. Please pray for my husband and his sister. It looks like today they will be doing the trach (spelling?) to help her breathe and allow all the hoses to get out of her mouth finally. That will help her appearance, too, I am sure. They will also be doing the heavy sedation probably today at some point, to knock her so far out (on top of her own coma) that she can do nothing but lay there and heal. Its a better option than brain surgery, which was our other choice.

So please pray that our decision are the right ones and that we will all have wisdom. Thanks!

5 comments:

Georgiana Daniels said...

Praying!!!

Andrea said...

I'm praying for you all.

What a blessing your daughter is. An wonderful milestone right before Father's day! ~could she have given him a better gift?~

God knows what we need in time of pain and stress. Praying that he gives you more wonderful moments.

Deborah Raney said...

Betsy, I just saw this news. I'm so sorry! Praying with all my heart for Cindy and all your family.

TheFancyFritter said...

Thanks for the update Betsy! My bible study friends are praying for her and I'm sure they will be wondering about an update! We are still praying for her healing!

p.s. Isn't it so sweet when our little girl's call for their daddy? It is so cute! :)

Erica Vetsch said...

I'm praying for you. I hope it all went as well as can be expected.