Monday, June 29, 2009

Busy, busy week!


Manic Monday! I'm exhausted and its only 9:03.

I slept great from 10:00 - 3:00. Then at 3:00 it sounded like Little Miss woke up, saw her stuffed girafee Gi-Gi, squealed in delight, and proceeded to play tea party or something until 3:30. lol Not kidding. She settled down around 3:30, then at 4:17...

the phone rang.
Not what you want to happen when your MIL is in a coma in the hospital two hours away. The only words to describe that feeling is bone chilling. I answered and a professional female voice asked for my husband. Her calm tone just panicked me more. I passed the phone over and squeezed his arm until I could tell by his words the worst hadn't happened. It turns out my MIL lost her traech (didn't even know that was possible!) and had to be put back on the ventilator for the night. Not a huge deal, but we are glad they told us. I think that incident confirmed for my husband that even though he's hours away and now back at work this week, they will keep him informed, regardless of time. That's a relief.

But sleep didn't really come after that, as you can imagine!

I also left my phone at home and had to go back after getting halfway down the road and then got to my mom's to drop off Little Miss (for the third to last time because of work! yay!) and saw in the mirror that my silver dangly earring had a second orange earring dangling from it. Still not sure how I managed that one...

So that's the beginning of my Monday. And the week only gets busier! Today and two more days left at work. Ever! Yay! Then Thursday is hubby's birthday and a date night for us. Friday is my big booksigning at Barnes & Noble. And Saturday is the 4th of July and a joint birthday party for hubby and two of our good friends. Whew! Let the fun times roll...

And let the caffeine flow!

3 comments:

Georgiana Daniels said...

An earring dangling from your earring? LOL! Only my Besty =P

Glad to hear hub is back at home with you--that is a bit of good out of that situation.

Yay for your last few days!!! Exciting times, and your book release too!!!!

Erica Vetsch said...

Counting down the elevator rides? My SIL and I were in an elevator at Mayo last week and both of us commented on how many elevator rides you had left on the job.

Eileen Astels Watson said...

Glad to hear it wasn't anything too serious about your MIL.
May your week go smoothly.