Friday, June 26, 2009

3 more days!

This is my last Friday in the workforce!

Well, I say that, as if motherhood and writing isn't two full time jobs in themselves!!! lol So basically I'm not "quitting work", I'm just going from THREE jobs to TWO. haha.

Speaking of motherhood...I must give props to my cousin for her adventure yesterday. Here's her Facebook status of the event.

"trying to find a "jumparoo" insert to replace the one my daughter DESTROYED this morning!"

So naturally I inquired as to what happened, and got this answer.

"long, gross story! my son ended up in the fetal position in the chair across the room - it was a funky morning. needless to say the rug must be burned and the jumparoo insert bit the dust too!"

After I quit laughing, I emailed her privately to ask more details. Turns out her daughter, who is only a few days older than my Little Miss, had somehow managed to dirty her diaper sideways in her jumperoo, which then leaked, well...everywhere. As my cousin put it, "when I came in the living room, she was river-dancing in it on the rug."

I have SO MUCH to look forward to after next Wednesday. =)

4 comments:

Georgiana Daniels said...

Eww. Poo is the least of your things to look forward to. LOL!!! Can't wait to hear about your adventures.

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Oh dear...quite the story! It would be a good one though, to use later in life...like at her wedding reception or something, lol!

Annette M. Irby said...

I'm so excited you get to leave the "work force," Bets!

And ROFLOL about the jumper seat!

Annette

Erica Vetsch said...

Oh, man, we have a similar story we drag out to tease our oldest with (who is 17 today!)

It's the one time I actually closed her bedroom door on the scene of the CRIME she'd committed in the crib and whispered "Right at this moment, God, I don't want to be the mommy."