Friday, July 29, 2011

Dog days of Summer

It's hot. It's 100 degrees almost daily in my corner of Louisiana, along with the humidity, and sometimes, you honestly wonder how you're going to breathe as you walk to your car. Or even to the mailbox.

How's the summertime where you are? Pleasant, or at least bearable? I know I shouldn't complain, and I don't usually, but today...WHEW! Makes me grateful for air conditioning and popsicles though :) That's something right? Is it still wrong to complain if the grumbling makes us grateful for other things? Hmmm....that's a post for another day. lol

I hope your summer has been a blast! Ours has been busy, and mostly fun. Birthdays and parties and beach trips and lots of frozen yogurt... Regardless, as July is fading away (or in some cases, torching away) into August, well, I can't say I won't be glad to see it gone and Autumn come! Unfortunately that change in temp won't occur until probably late September here.

When does Fall arrive for you? When does school start back? (for you or your kids...or both!) I'm looking forward to the end of August, when Little Miss starts her first dance class (basic ballet and tap!) and then a week later...PRESCHOOL!

AGGHHH!! I have a daughter almost in preschool! When did this happen? I love it and hate it all at the same time :) If you're a mommy, I'm sure you get that. lol

Happy end of summer, everywhere. Let's toast a popsicle (or two!!)

1 comment:

RealMe - Emily said...

Summer here in the Maritimes in Canada (ok, so I live really really REALLy close to Maine, so it's the same weather as there)it has been really warm and FULL of thunderstorms! I can't believe how many we have gotten so far!