Thursday, July 28, 2011

A little something...

I'm curious today. What's your little something?

You know, when you've had a really bad day, or a really bad night - you wake up (or are getting ready for bed) and you do...what? Hot bubble bath? Candy bar? Soda? Special tea? A new book?

What is your self go-to reward for surviving a night of little sleep or for handling a stressful day at work or for meeting a deadline you never thought you'd make? etc.

For me, it's Starbucks. I don't get it all that often because A. it's expensive ($3.86 for the smallest size!) and B. It's high in calories. Yeah, my "tall, not fat, white chocolate mocha with NO whip" is still 270 calories! Can you imagine if I got it bigger, regular milk, WITH whip? Oy. (Seriously, it takes just as good without all that! Try it!)

I got one today, even though I really didn't have that big of an excuse other than Little Miss woke me up at 2:15 a.m. to go potty, (SO PROUD of her for being able to do that from a sound sleep in middle of the night, with no accidents, at barely 3 years old!) and I'm starting to get a mild allergy drip in my throat. Not exactly "I DESERVE A TREAT" worthy but I'll take it ;)

(Hey, the way I see, after surviving last week of Little Miss's hand/foot/mouth virus, well - I deserve Starbucks daily for the next decade)

So what's your little something? Or what is your BIG something that you save toward to really celebrate/commiserate? :)

(I need ideas for a new one that's cheaper than $3.86) haha

No comments: