Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Party plans

Did you have a happy 4th?

We spent the day at my parent's house, enjoying ribs, cheeseburgers, chips, cookies, and my jello-poke cake. (white cake mix, infused with liquid jello then cooled in the fridge overnight)

Needless to say, I'm full. :)

We didn't do fireworks, since they're so expensive these days, and most of our city is under a burn ban. Plus, it was so hot and we'd have to let Little Miss stay up til 9:30 just to even let it get dark enough outside to see them. I figure we weren't missing much. We'll try again at New Year's....good thing, too because it ended up raining last night and thundering/lightning. So we spent the evening curled up in the chair watching Scooby Doo and eating leftover cake. Good times!

Hope everyone had fun celebrating America! I know Little Miss had a blast, prancing around yelling HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY like she knew what it meant ;)

PS - during a certain blonde toddler's nap, I finished one of my pressing deadlines. One down, one to go. Then, bring on the cupcakes...and the massage. And the nap. And the new shoes...

No comments: