Thursday, July 14, 2011

Happy Birthday to My Little Miss!!!!



Exactly 3 years ago today, I was chilling in a hospital bed, equal parts terrified and excited about becoming a mommy, and incredibly grateful for the beauty of a little thing called an epidural.

Now I'm still grateful for an epidural, and still excited about being a mommy, but thankfully a lot less terrified ;)

We've figured it out along the way, thanks to lots of prayer and advice from Those Who Have Gone Before. I can't believe it's been 3 years! I still vividly remember every part of that day. I was induced, due to high blood pressure at the end of my pregnacy, but it all went like clockwork and around 2:30 in the afternoon, there she was, all perfect and pretty and My Little Miss - all 7 lbs, 2 ounces, and 17 1/2 inches of her.

Now she's definitely not perfect, but still pretty, and still my Little Miss. ;) I pray one day in the near future she sees the need for Jesus in her life, the only one who ever was truly perfect (despite what mommies originally think ::wink::)

Off to eat cupcakes to celebrate my Little Miss and the gift she is to us!

No comments: