Friday, March 09, 2012

M-Day!!!

So today was the day I measured! The dreaded "M-Day". I went out with a friend last night for a girl night dinner, and was so proud of myself. At a steak house that boasted buttery rolls made from Heaven, peanuts at your table, and the best fatty appetizers and desserts around, I simply had grilled Tilapia, grilled skewered veggies, ONE roll with no extra butter on it, and diet coke/water. As much as I wanted the dessert shooters and the cheesey fries, I restrained, because there was no way I would blow it the night before M-Day!

And it paid off!

After six weeks of working out hard at the gym, 3-4 days a week, and slightly moderating my diet (as in, counting calories again but not being overly strict), I lost 2 lbs, 4.25 inches, and 1% body fat.

Not bad! I'll take it! :)

My trainer said that was just right with my goals and my starting weight, and she was pleased with the numbers from all the different areas. We knew I wouldn't drop much lb-wise anyway, since I've been gaining a ton of muscle, and that weighs more than fat. I was glad to see the inches came off the areas I'd hoped though. Woohoo!

So we revamped my workout routine, mixing things up a little (I'm adding the row machine for arms and cardio options, and adding pushups and pullups and more floor routine in regards to lunges, squats and leg lifts, while at the same time ditching the leg press, leg extension, and leg curl machines, etc.....uh, to name a few. Yeah, she keeps me busy!) We'll measure again in 6 weeks and see how it goes again.

I'm very inspired and happy! Besides the obvious benefits of weight/inches lost and feeling better about myself, the endorphins have been fabulous. Since I started working out 6 weeks ago, I've had fewer headaches, slept more soundly at night, had more energy during the day and less need for naps, etc.

I highly recommend finding a gym - preferably one with a 5'6, blonde, booty-kicker named Alyssa like I have at mine. hehehe.

Now the goal is to simply NOT celebrate with a cupcake....

1 comment:

Talia said...

Congrats!