Thursday, March 22, 2012

It might be a good work-out if...

It might be a good workout if you feel like you're going to throw up, and another girl actually does. ha.

Today I did another gym challenge - they make one every month. The other week I did January's, today was February's. Next week I'll do March's, so I will be caught up when April rolls around.

Let me just say I've been working out regularly, 3-4 times a week, for 8 weeks now, and today still kicked my booty. Here's what the challenges look like (they're different every month but this was February's)

100 Mountain Climbers
90 Calf Raises
80 Fire Hydrants
70 Step Ups
60 Second Wall Sit
50 Crunches
40 Star Jumps
30 Chair Dips
20 Pushups (off the curb!)
10 Superman Bananas

The nice part was, we were able to do it outside (me, my awesome trainer girl, and two other ladies) Today is actually Spring, so the cool wind and warm sunshine was super inspiring. Still, when we got to the chair sit, I thought I was going to barf. The other girl had to run to the bushes during the chair dips. Hard core stuff! We finished with a jog/sprint around the parking lot. I just pretended I was running away from my trainer so she couldn't make me do any more star jumps.

I'm proud to say I did it, and even did extra. After taking a break, I went back and did a few more of the ones that particularly kicked my booty, in order to knock out a few more with better form. My trainer says I'm an overachiever. LOL. Maybe teacher's pet? I've been called worse.

Afterward, I did an optional 1.5 miles on the elliptical and my 15-lb dumbbell side bends, then called it a day. I rewarded myself with a giant diet coke with diet cherry from Sonic, and am feeling good! (though somewhat noodle-legged)

Have you ever worked out so hard you got sick or nearly?

PS - whichever evil dictator created the burpee, I'm convinced his son created the star jump and his grandson the superman banana. Just saying

1 comment:

Tonya said...

Go Betsy!!!!
I had my "fitness" test today too. I'm dead tired. There were a lot of improvements though. My cardio said to frame it and put it on the wall