Monday, February 27, 2012

One down...one to go!

One down, one to go!

I just finished speaking at the Christian Writer's Conference at Benton United Methodist this past Saturday, and it was really fun.

I absolutely love how no matter how far along you are in your career, how many books you have published, how often you teach about writing - you still learn something if you just open your mind to it. I personally came away from the conference ready to write on my new proposal and very inspired to try a new character development angle I'd never considered before (Thanks, Lynn Gentry!)

This upcoming weekend is a bigger conference, the local chapter of the RWA (Romance Writers of America) - NOLA STARS. This is a two day event with appts with agents and editors from publishers like Bantam Dell and Sourcebooks, a silent auction, giveaways and door prizes, a multi-author booksigning with award-winning and New York Times listed authors, a fancy awards luncheon, a variety of workshops, a beautiful hotel, and fun networking. I'll be teaching a workshop on Subtexting - How to Say a Lot Without Saying Much At All. I can't wait! :)

If you're local, I highly recommend coming and signing up even though it's sort of last minute! There's still time. Google "2012 Nola Stars conference" and you'll find all the info! Late sign-up is $150, I believe. This includes two food receptions and a nice lunch. Hotel is extra.

Do you like to go to conferences? There's something so inspiring about thinking of nothing but writing for two days. Ahhhhh.....

1 comment:

Georgiana Daniels said...

Yay for teaching! I'm SO looking forward to ACFW this year. Seriously, I can't wait!