Tuesday, February 07, 2012

New addictions

So I've lately gotten hooked on The Voice. Who else watches this show?

I admit, I first tuned in because of all the hype on Facebook, and because I'm in a Blake Shelton kick right now because of my Miranda Lambert kick (long story! lol) So there you have it. But it's a great show, and as a regular Idol-watched, I enjoyed it. Word on the street is it's going to be better than Idol and increase in popularity, so we'll see.

I love how much of this kind of stuff is available to writers now as research. I know a lot of us use that as an excuse to procrastinate and NOT write, but seriously, the availability now to research a story or brainstorm new ideas or ask the infamous "what if" is really out there. I can't imagine how I would research a story if I didn't have Google...

What shows help you research your stories, if you're a writer? And if you're a reader, how does reality TV affect what you choose to read?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i do watch it too!

Bethany Charming said...

I am totally into The Voice. I watched it last season and thought it was really good. The beginning part where they choose the people for their teams is my favorite part!

Autumn said...

I've been tempted to watch it, but haven't yet!