Monday, July 06, 2009

Success!

The booksigning Friday night was a HUGE success! Thanks for everyone's prayers and support. We sold out in less than an hour - almost 50 books! What a blessing. I got to see a lot of family and friends, even some from out of town. As soon as I got inside and got settled at my table, Elizabeth (the coordinator at the store) got me a strawberry frapp from Starbucks and the next thing I knew, I had a line at my table! It went by so quickly.

The giveaway basket was a hit and so was the free candy and my mom's famous teacake cookies. One man kept circling the store, and taking a cookie on each lap. He never even pretended to be interested in my book, just kept raving about the cookies. Haha. Oh well!

The pictures are on my mom's camara which I will try to load today for everyone to see later today. =)

5 comments:

Georgiana Daniels said...

Congratulations! That's exciting.

Erica Vetsch said...

Yay! Congratulations on a successful signing.

Eileen Astels Watson said...

Awesome news, Betsy! And they'll all love your book!

Ashley St.Vincent said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Carmen said...

Great pics. Thanks for sharing. It's amazing you've been 'writing' since you were 7. Would love to read those early books. Glad your mom kept them!