Monday, November 03, 2008

A new contract!!!!

What a great weekend! I have a new contract with Steeple Hill Love Inspired, for a sequel called(working title) TASTE OF LOVE.

The first book is RETURN TO LOVE, set for a July 2009 release date. If all goes all planned this sequel should hit the shelves at the end of 2009. How exciting!

Here's a quick blurb to get the gist of the story...


Lori Perkins gave up on romance, finally accepting her destiny of being "just friends"—until she starts receiving gifts from a secret admirer! An Italian chef, a youth pastor, and her ex-fiancĂ© are all on the suspect list….but only one can offer this chocoholic a true taste of love.

I can't believe that (Lord willing) I'll have two books out in 2009! This is such a blessing. Thanks for sharing this with me, everyone. =)

And of course, many thanks to my Super Agent, Tamela Hancock Murray with Hartline Literary, for making this sale and encouraging me along the way. Tamela, you rock!

4 comments:

Erica Vetsch said...

Congratulations, Betsy! What a cool thing! The book sounds terrific! Blessings on you, lady!

Georgiana Daniels said...

I like your chocolate covered strawberry!

Lori said...

Are there going to be a lot of descriptions of ooey-gooey brownies, and milk chocolate bonbons, and chocolate dipped peanut butter balls, and... well, you get the idea. If so, please send out a warning! I'll need to up my stash a bit, and make sure I have a fresh gallon of milk in the fridge.

I can't wait!!!!!

fourdognight said...

Hi!

I just read your article about POD. Thanks so much--it was very helpful! I just wondered whether having been published by Wild Rose directly helped you get your agent and/or your first Steeple Hill contract. Thanks again!