Friday, November 02, 2012

Tis the season

So today I'm heading to shop. Christmas shop! Woot woot! Who's with me? ;)

No really. There's this awesome fair in Texas that is held once a month where vendors come and bring their homemade (or not) goodies, everything from home decor to snacks to kitchenware to purses and jewelry and wallets to clothing and scarves and wrapping paper and furniture and baby items and...giant corn dogs on a stick!!!!

It's a fried food/shopping lover's paradise. Come on. You know you're jealous ;)

Seriously - on the down side, it's going to be 85 degrees or hotter, and insanely crowded with other corn dog loving shoppers looking for bargains. But hey, I think it's worth the risk. And there's always some homemade salsa that's worth the "are you kidding me" price tag.

Do you have anything like that in your area of town? Have you started Christmas shopping yet? Do you shop online, out of town, or in town?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Are you going to the Nutcracker Market? I went last year, but it was a bit too much for me to enjoy. Those women are fierce...bringing their own lunches to tailgate before going back to shop. No way!

Betsy St. Amant said...

Never heard of it!!! I'm intrigued. Will google :)