Tuesday, November 27, 2012

It's the most wonderful time of the year...but not for my pants

It might be the most wonderful time of the year, but my jeans are totally not agreeing!

Anyone have any tips for scaling down during the holiday dessert blitz? I'm a SUCKER for desserts/sweets during Thanksgiving/Christmas. If it's there, I want to eat it. It's like leftover Halloween candy - an evil, deplorable temptation that must be succumbed to or thrown away. "Flee the devil" and such ;)

I've read articles that gave tips like suggesting a contrasting color plate will help you eat less. And putting your back to the buffet line. And using a dessert plate for meals. (um, wouldn't this just make you go back 3 times instead? hehe) Anyone thinks these tips actually work? Or am I just going to have to get old fashioned with discipline and say "no, I really DON'T need 395 cookies after all, even if they do have sprinkles and icing?"

Help a gal out!

1 comment:

Angela said...

I try a combination of things - drink a glass of water, pile up on veggies first, use a smaller plate. Most of all I try not to deprive myself totally or I will go after that desert later and eat twice as much.