Thursday, August 30, 2012

Hurricane Dayz...

Last night, on the verge of Hurricane Isaac here in Northwest LA, the city shut down schools for the rest of the week. Little Miss's dance class sent out an email about closures. Grocery stores were raided. Everyone grabbed their generator and got ready for...

Clouds. Lots and lots of clouds.

Today so far has consisted of sleeping in, laundry, computer games, Disney princess necklaces, cleaning, cinnamon rolls, snuggles and cartoons. No rain at all!

It's a little funny how our city overreacted as we tend to do, BUT you know what? I'm not complaining. Because the hurricane spun east, we're safe, we get a super long weekend at home with nothing to do but play and rest and spend time together. Besides, I'd much rather this than having to go get my frightened kid from school in the middle of a bad storm. I appreciate the efforts made for my child's safety :)

More cinnamon roll icing, anyone?

No comments: