Friday, August 10, 2012

Fight night

So for the third time, I'm going to be in the stands tomorrow night cheering on my fireman husband as he participate in an amateur boxing fundraiser called BATTLE OF THE BADGES - firemen vs. cops.

He enjoys it because it's the only time he can hit a cop and not get in a trouble ;)

So prayers appreciated for him, AND for me tomorrow - him to fight well and me not to shout obscenities from the stands. Let's just say I get a little concerned and uh...INVOLVED...haha. It's quite something to see. You wouldn't recognize me. I have friends going just to watch me act like a crazy-wifey-fool. I think God takes all the possible nerves/anxiety my hubby could possibly have going into the match, and gives them to me instead. ha! Oh well, whatever helps him fight better. ;)

He's done this 4 or 5 times already, but I've only gotten to see a few of them. He just was sponsored to do one in St. Louis, where he lost by the tiniest of points. I really hope he brings this one home! TEAM FIREMEN! Woot woot!! ;)

Do you have anything like this in your area? Its really neat, gives the guys something to train for and have fun with, and provides lots of cash for a good cause like an injured fireman or cop's family, etc.

No comments: