Monday, May 16, 2011

Capturing the unexpected...

Humor is definied in so many categories, such as the use of irony, slapstick, exaggeration, etc.

And of course, the unexpected.

So in light of the above...one of my fav YA authors, Jenny B. Jones, posted a Facebook status last week that said she found a T-shirt that read: "I like big books and I cannot lie."

I'm still laughing!

That just cracks me up! And for anyone who doesn't get it, think Sir Mix-A-Lot, circa 1992. ;)

(Is it totally awful I'm considering ordering one of the shirts?)

What makes you laugh? What techniques of humor make your funny bone tickle? And how do you use that in your writing? (or do you even try?)

1 comment:

Anne said...

LOL this reminds me of this (which you might've watched already): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTYr3JuueF4