Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Top Picks!




Babies, babies, babies!

After reading almost every "baby advice" book I could get my hands on this past year, the top two that stand out to me as the most informative, the most enjoyable, and the most spiritually refreshing are Rattled and Baby Boot Camp. I would HIGHLY recommend these books to anyone pregnant or experiencing parenthood for the first time. In fact, I'm sure even second or third time moms and dad could benefit as well!!




Rattled is by Trish Berg and I was offered the chance to review it by Multnomah. I LOVED it! What a must have for new moms!

Here's the description:


Welcome to the Adventure of MotherhoodClutter? Chaos? Exhaustion got you down? You must be a mom. And you’re not alone. Perhaps you thought you had it all together…then your baby was born and your world was turned upside down. If new motherhood has you filled with doubt, guilt, and confusion, Trish Berg wants to offer companionship, hope, and help–plus a lot of humor along the way.With practical advice and scriptural reminders, Berg presents two pillars of motherhood: Keep it simple and keep it biblical. Relax as you learn that every mom shares your stresses, challenges, and “Aagghh!” moments. In the midst of sleep deprivation and Cheerio dust, you’ll learn to savor the simple joy and privilege of mothering.

This book was amazing for me. It was like Trish was in my head, and knew exactly what I felt and thought and feared and loved and cried over. God spoke to me through these chapters in a powerful, encouraging way.

You can buy this fabulous book here.


Baby Boot Camp is by Rebecca Ingram Powell. It was given to me as a gift when Audrey was born, and I devoured it. It's a six week devotional-type read that is EXACTLY what a mom needs in those first 6 weeks of mommyhood!! God spoke to me so many times through this story it got to be uncanny. The daily devotions were often exactly on target with how I felt or what I was dealing with emotionally/physically or what Audrey was experiencing that very day.

Please get this for yourself or to give as a gift to an expecting couple you know! It's so worth it and I bet this is one I will read over and over.

You can purchase it here.

2 comments:

Georgiana Daniels said...

I love the covers! Those are two I haven't read, but I guess my kidlets are a little past that now =(

Anonymous said...

I WISH someone would have given me Baby Boot Camp, sounds like what I needed those first 6 weeks! I will definitely check out Rattled!