Wednesday, October 29, 2008

It's baaaaack......

When I first started going back to the gym after my maternity recovery, I was really upset to see they'd cancelled my kickboxing class. I knew jumping back into it would help me shed these last few lbs ASAP. Turns out they cancelled it because the instructor was busy teaching other classes and doing other things in her personal life and simply ran out of time. Bummer.

But now it's back! I was super excited...until I saw the new instructor's name on the bulletin board.

Think Energizer Bunny from Hades meets Richard Simmons on speed.

She subbed for our class a few times last year when our main instructor was out. When we saw her walk into the room, we all tried to find a way to disappear. (to no avail, of course, she's kinda scary and you don't want to upset her) Its not that we didn't LIKE her - we just liked breathing and possessing fully functioning bodies after class, and with her, those type of things ceased.

She's a nice person. Truly - very friendly and sweet. But she's like a five foot (Maybe 4'10?) muscled, energy-wielding jumping bean. Its impossible to keep up with her, even when I wasn't pregnant and had been in the gym consistently for over a year.

Now I'm not as in shape, and more than a little nervous. But I'm going! Starting next week.


Ohhh, if only the above picture was me. haha. Toned and in shape and ready to kick some booty!!! Maybe I'll get there eventually through this class. Regardless, I'll have fun doing it again and will definitely burn some major calories and hopefully get back into my skinny jeans.

At least this will be good material for my writing. I've already had one kickboxing character, in a suspense I wrote last year that is still trying to find a home. The girl was tough! And it was really fun writing about what I had been doing all those months. Maybe I can develop another after I get back into the swing of things!

I'll post an update next week...if I can move my fingers. =)

2 comments:

Georgiana Daniels said...

I have a feeling it won't take you long at all to get back into the groove. Oh, you should take pictures!

Erica Vetsch said...

You'll do great. Just do what you can, and build on that from week to week. You'll be Chuck Norris before you know it. :)