Friday, June 24, 2011

Summer update

So how is your summer going?

I'm finally feeling caught up after vacation last week. It's one of those things where you have to put so much on hold to go, that when you get back, you're swamped with responsibilities and need another immediate vacay!! But it was a nice, much needed, break! :) We had fun.

I'm working hard now on finishing my contracted manuscript, HER FAMILY WISH, for Love Inspired, due to my editor July 18th, releasing April 2012. I have about 5 chapters left to write, and 3 weeks to do it. Definitely manageable, but a little difficult with my toddler to chase, my house to run, my Forum newspaper articles to write (also under deadline) and my part time job to work. Not to mention my responsibilities/job as a List Hostess for the ACFW (the big writer's loop I'm a part of. Never heard of it? Visit www.acfw.com and get connected now! Wonderful organization!) There's also my getting copy edits of my upcoming January 2012 release of ADDISON BLAKELY, CONFESSIONS OF A PK back to my editor at Barbour before July 8th - not to mention running my editing service and assisting clients there.

Whew. That's a lot. Thankfully, I'm a firm believer in Philippians 4:13 ;)

And guess what? Tonight is family night! Yay! Hubby is taking his two best girls (ahem - me and Little Miss) out for pizza and shopping. I can't wait. I mean, seriously - there is no better motivation to get work done than the thought of yummy, greasy, drippy pepperonis at the end of the day.

So what about you? What deadlines are you under? Or are you taking the summer off? What projects do you have going on right now? Any vacays in sight?

PS - I'm getting really excited to see my author copies of FIREMAN DAD arrive on my doorstep any day now. Woohoo! It releases August 1st, and I'll be doing a booksigning at Barnes & Noble August 5th, and yes...there will be firemen there ;)

No comments: