Friday, May 15, 2009

Denver or Bust!


I offiically registered yesterday for the AMERICAN CHRISTIAN FICTION WRITERS CONFERENCE. I can't wait! My first conference was in Nashville in 2005. I hit up the Dallas conference two years in a row from 2006-2007. I thought I'd never miss a conference. But in 2008 I skipped out because of having a newborn at home. (the ONLY thing that would have kept me away!)


But now its 2009 and I'm heading to Denver in just a few months! I hope to see my friends there, learn a lot of new stuff, and bonus - I get to participate in the book signing for the first time! How fun!

There is however, one downside. I drove to Nashville and Dallas. I can't drive to Denver.

My first plane ride is imminent, and I'm already freaking out.

I'm still not sure how I managed to get to 25 years old and never stepped foot inside a plane, but here I am. Shaky, nervous, and nauseous. Any advice for first time flyers? (or any hard liquor to pass this way? haha. Just kidding. Mostly.)

6 comments:

Georgiana Daniels said...

Yay for conference. You'll be fine, especially with your hub. Take a good book and sit by the window so you can see it all :)

Debby Giusti said...

Betsy,
Love your blog. Thanks for posting the info on the LI loop. Congrats on your book!!! Love the cover. See you at ACFW!

Carrie Turansky said...

Hi Betsy,
So here is a chance to tackle a new challenge! Tell yourself the plane ride is research. Maybe that will help you take a step outside the emotions and help you focus. I fly all the time, and here are some things that helps me: chew gum, read magazines, Deep breathing and relaxation like you might have learned for child birth, lot of prayer, travel with a friend if you can. Maybe post on forum that you'd like to travel with someone and see if you can find a buddy. I will look forward to seeing you.
Blessings,
Carrie

Kate said...

Plane rides are fun! Make sure you bring some bubble gum to keep your ears from popping too badly!

Erica Vetsch said...

Yay for registering for conference!

Flying is excellent. Take along a book you've been dying to read and saving for just this trip. Noise cancelling headphones are a good deal too.

See you in Colorado.

Mandy said...

It's no big deal once you get up there, taking off is the scariest to me. Buy yourself some "Earplanes", you can get them at any drug store near the ear/eye stuff. Pop them in before takeoff/landing and it will help so much with the pressure in your ears! Before I discovered these, I was miserable for days after a flight trying to pop my ears back to normal!