Sunday, January 30, 2011

Free at last...

Quick update - I'll be MIA for a few days.

My mother in law, nineteen months after having her traumatic horseback riding accident in June 2009, passed away Friday night the 28th at 9:00 p.m.

The next few days are going to be a blur of visitation services, funeral services, flowers, food, family receptions, and the such. Thanks for the prayers and support as we go through this time. So difficult even though we knew it was coming! But most importantly, we know now that she is whole, healthy and happy, worshipping at her Savior's feet in Heaven. 1 John 5:13. I'm so happy for her yet still so sad at the same time. Its been a long 2 years. But now she's free at last...praise the Lord.

Here's the obit I wrote that ran in Sunday's paper. Please take a moment and honor her memory with me by reading it!



Here are some pics of her over the last several years... (and if you're thinking "good grief she's young", you're right. She barely made it to her mid-40's)
My husband's birthday party a few years back


When Little Miss was "new" :)








Her last conscious mother's day with her son (my hubby) - Mother's Day May 2009.




PS - if you have a copy of my April 2010 Love Inspired novel RODEO SWEETHEART, you can read the Dear Reader Letter and dedication in that story that is about my mother in law and what happened. I was writing that book the summer of the accident (about horses, no less) and wow, that was a rough one to finish. Yet God blessed the sales of that book more than any other so far. His ways are mysterious.

4 comments:

Anne said...

She sounds (and looks) like such an amazing person. Praying for you and your family!

Linda said...

My heart goes out to you and your husband. Your MIL seems like such a gracious woman from the photos you shared. I know it's been a difficult two years. My prayers go out to you.

Georgiana Daniels said...

Thankfully she is finally at peace. It's been a long hard road for all of you. Praying the next few days goes smoothly.

Unknown said...

I'm praying for your family! So sorry for your loss.