Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Working out at work - not exactly!

I saw an article on MSN news today about ab exercises at work. I was SO excited, thinking it was going to reveal some new way to get fit from an office chair. Definitely up my ally! I sit behind a desk for 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, and its only through severely counting calories and doing as much as I can at home in the evenings with hand weights and crunches that I stay the size I am. I eagerly opened the article, ready to embrace these new tricks....




No such luck! It was talking about plank and core exercises. The instructions began "get on all fours"... and I stopped there. Apparently the author of this piece has never actually worked in an office! Hello! It's not exactly professional for me to drop to my stomach behind my receptionist's desk in a skirt and heels and start doing pushups. Sheesh.

So much for that!

In other news, I blogged today at CRAFTIE LADIES OF ROMANCE on Easter. Come visit me and see a fun new picture of my daughter with some easter eggs =)

4 comments:

Georgiana Daniels said...

LOL! The person really needs help with their titles. Great cartoon!

Jeannie Campbell, LMFT said...

i don't know, betsy...could make for an interesting plot line or article title. "receptionist heats up office" has a ring to it. :)

Eileen Astels Watson said...

Jeannie, you've got Seekerville 911 on your mind me thinks.

Sounds like that article writer has absolutely NO clue.

Lori said...

LOLOL I am picturing it right now... It would certainly make for an interesting day at the office!