Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Extravaganza!!


What a busy weekend! I took off work Thursday and we were off Friday anyway for the holiday, so I had a nice looooong family weekend. My husband worked part of it but we still enjoyed Easter Sunday together. There were lunches at both grandparents house, a family egg hunt, a crawfish boil at a friend's house, church services, a church egg "pickup" in the gym since the weather turned bad (no hunting Sunday!), and Easter baskets galore - all in a two day period.


Whew! I think my Little Miss is as exhausted as I am. I already drank a mocho on the way to work today and my bottom eyelid is still somewhat swollen from sleep.


Highlights of the weekend:


My husband lowering my daughter inches above the floor in the church gym so she could scoop up shiny plastic eggs on her own.


Feeding Little Miss her first bites of real ham.


Napping on my grandma's guest bed with Little Miss, all snuggled up together with blankets and stuffed animals.


An excellent Sunday school video (Strobel's "THE CASE FOR CHRIST")


Seeing good friends over the weekend that we hadn't seen in a long time!


Visiting with hubby and feeling sooooo thankful he was actually off on a holiday!

My mom's famous iced "holiday" cookies! (and watching Little Miss suck on few bites for the first time! haha)


Praising Jesus for the miracle of the resurrection!


Putting together Little Miss' Easter basket Saturday night after she was in bed - a stuffed rabbit, plastic eggs filled with Gerber Puffs, a new Learning Purse by Fisher Price, a new summer outfit, and an Elmo bath toy.


Did everyone else have a glorious Easter? Share your favorite moments! (and pass the coffee!)

2 comments:

Erica Vetsch said...

Our Easter weekend started on Thursday night with the celebration of Passover.

Then a glorious church service with lots of corporate worship that encouraged and rejoiced in all Jesus did for man.

Then we went to my SIL's for dinner. And we proved that no matter how old our kids get, they are still up for an Easter Egg hunt. :)

Georgiana Daniels said...

Whew--glad you're at work today. LOL--OK, probably not what you wanted to hear =P Glad you had a great weekend!

Highlight of mine: when 4-year-old was concerned that the Easter bunny might have fleas.

HAHA, love love love being a mom.