Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Time to celebrate!



Possibly the only thing more exciting than finishing writing a contracted manuscript is finishing 2 1/2 months ahead of deadline.

That's right! 2 1/2 months. My original deadline was March, then it got extended to mid April once a plot element changed that was going to take more time to revise and create. I'll do one last read through, prepare the "extras" they need along with the manuscript (such as the dedication, reader discussion questions, etc.) and hopefully turn it in next Monday the 2nd.

How should I celebrate? Hmm...I'm thinking a nonfat White Chocolate Mocha from Starbucks, WITH whip this time, and a hot bubble bath with a good book. =)

Everyone now, on the count of 3!

1

.

.

.

.

.

2

.

.

.

.

.

3!

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Lori said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Does the euphoria of writing those final words go away the more books you finish? Or is it still just as exciting as ever?

Betsy St. Amant said...

Still pretty exciting!! lol And super relieving, since this one HAD to be finished. I think I write faster, actually, under a deadline than I do without. Yay for pressure! haha.

Erica Vetsch said...

Congratulations! Way to go! Your editor is going to LOVE you!

Georgiana Daniels said...

Definitely get the whip! Oh, and go with full fat. C'mon--it's a big deal!

Eileen Astels Watson said...

Awesome, Betsy Ann!! That's way too cool. I'm so happy for you!