Monday, January 12, 2009

Sweet dreams!

As a follow up to my sleep SOS post last week, I'd like to thank everyone for their prayers and support and encouragement, and announce that after implenting our new schedule, Audrey has taken 4 out of 5 naps in her crib, putting herself to sleep with the aid of her mobile, favorite blanket, and stuffed animal - not being held or rocked. What a big girl! She also has a new bedtime and slept almost 12 hours Friday night as a result! Praise God.

I know it won't be that easy every time, but so far this is working! And knowing its worked so far gives me hope and encouragement during the nights (like last night) when she doesn't sleep quite as soundly. But now I know I can hold her for some naps, and lay her down in her bed alone and awake for others, and she'll be fine either way. Best of both worlds! =)

Zzzzzz.....

4 comments:

Erica Vetsch said...

Yay for Audrey! Yay for Mom! and Yay for 12 hours of sleep!

Georgiana Daniels said...

Yay for success!

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Yay! So glad Audrey is sleeping so well, and even in the actual going to sleep process!

Audra E. said...

Glad it's going better! :)