Monday, December 01, 2008

Stuffed? =)

Thanksgiving is over! Wow, that weekend flew by. Who ate too much? Who didn't eat enough? Who wants more? I think I fall into all 3 categories somehow. I actually was surprised at how I paced myself, though, especially with all the desserts offered. Still trying to lose these last 10 lbs of baby weight! Sigh.


I hope everyone had a great holiday. Feel free to leave a comment post telling the highlights of your day! =)

We had quite the Thanksgiving weekend surprise. My good friend Katie, who was pregnant and due to give birth Christmas Day, had her precious little baby boy William yesterday by C-section. Long story as to why, but needless to say, when we got that text message during Sunday School, we made it to the hospital in 7 minutes flat! I got to visit with her before she went back, and praise the Lord, mother and baby are doing great! (Daddy too!)

With William being 36 1/2 weeks, they were a little concerned, naturally, about his lung development this early on. But he pulled through like a champ, and ended up a hearty 6.4 lbs and 18 1/2 inches!

Congrats, Katie & Sean!

And welcome, little William!! Audrey will have to teach you all her tricks! How to drool on command. How to name stuffed animals. How to ham it up for the never-ending papparazzi!

Life only gets better from here! =)

4 comments:

Georgiana Daniels said...

I'm all three categories too! Thankfully, even though I overate, I didn't do it to the extent I have in other years. In fact, I didn't even have seconds! Still, the mashed potatoes will get ya every time.

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful holiday! Congrats to your friends on the birth of their son!

Eileen Astels Watson said...

Congrats to you, Betsy, you're an Auntie Friend as we say in my little world.

Erica Vetsch said...

Wow, you have much to be thankful for! Wonderful news about the baby doing so well.

The highlight of my Thanksgiving was that my MIL who has cancer felt well enough to venture to her daughter's house where we all enjoyed a terrific meal.