Friday, December 12, 2008

Christmas Fun!


Getting to Know Your Friends (Christmas!)



GEORGIANA DANIELS posted this fun "get to know you" on her blog and I stole it to play along!

Here we go! Ho, ho, ho! (I've posted some fun new pics along the way just for kicks!)

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper!! Its more fun to tear apart. =)

2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial! I never had a real tree growing up so I have this weird, self-inflicted fear of a squirrel flying out ala CHRISTMAS VACATION or the needles covering my living room floor or bugs attacking me in my sleep or me sneezing 24/7 from allergies or the whole thing tipping over cuz the trunk was infested with termites or...

3. When do you put up the tree? Weekend after Thanksgiving

4. When do you take the tree down? When I'm off work for New Years!

5. Do you like eggnog? Yucky yucky.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? I remember loving my pink bicycle with streamers, and the super cool doll houses my daddy built for me and my sister by hand. But I think my favorite would be the year I got my horse and for Christmas (just a week or two later!) I got a ton of stuff for him - buckets, brushes, a saddle, a halter, blanket, etc.

7. Hardest person to buy for? My husband and my dad and grandfather - men in general!!!

Hey, where's #8???


9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, a Snoopy one!!! haha. The sheep are little Woodstocks. Its awesome.


10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail! I did good this year - real photo cards!


11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? My well meaning great aunt's sweaters. hahaha.


12. Favorite Christmas Movie? ELF. Its hysterical.


13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? USUALLY in early/mid November but this year, I started a week ago. lol Having a baby made a difference. =)


14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I don't think so! Maybe a mug if I had too many Christmas mugs one year.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? My mom's cookies

16. Lights on the tree? Of course!!! Who doesn't?

17. Favorite Christmas song? O Holy Night

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home! And go to my mom's, who lives 25 minutes away.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Yes! Dasher, Dancer, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Vixen, Prancer...Rudolph...Snookie...Lulu...okay I was close.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star

21. Open the presents Christmas eve or Christmas day? We do Christmas Eve presents at my grandparents every year, but save immediate family gifts for Christmas morning!


22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? The traffic and crowds trying to shop when I am!!! lol

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I think the white treees with the bright teal, turquoise and hot pink ornaments are awesome but Hubby would never let me get away with that. lol Our tree is an artificial, pre-lit with white lights and I decorate with a hodgepodge of ornaments collected over the years, all fun ones, mostly from Hallmark. I love it!! Here's a pic. of our tree this year.



24. Favorite part of Christmas dinner. Ham and dressing!

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? A nap =)

26. Who is most likely to respond to this? Whoever has finished their shopping and has time!!! hahaa =P

Who else wants to play? Copy and paste onto your blog and let me know if you did!!!

HO HO HO!!!!

2 comments:

Georgiana Daniels said...

LOL, where IS #8? Thanks for playing along!

Annette M. Irby said...

Hey Bets, I played along, too!! Just posted today. :)

Big hugs for Christmas!

Love all the pics of Audrey!

Annette