Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year!

A year is sort of like a firecracker. It builds, booms, sometimes scares us with a loud noise, then leaves us ohhing and ahhing over the impressive display of color. When the firecracker is over, we reminisce about the beauty, not the bang. And in the same way, we should focus on the awe-inspiring parts of our year, instead of the scary or not-so-great parts.

And wow, has there been some color in 2008 for us!

For example, in 2008:

I gave birth to my daughter, our first child.
I landed two contracts with Steeple Hill Love Inspired.
I moved onto 3 acres and a new house in the country.
My husband began his new career as a fireman.

Just a FEW changes! haha. But all great ones!
What exciting things happened for you in 2008? Please share!

3 comments:

Erica Vetsch said...

You've had a blessed year! Lots of colorful sparklies.

For me, having my MIL here at the 2008 holidays...last year we thought would be her last, but she's rallied and is holding her own. PTL!

Receiving a writing contract from Barbour Heartsong.

Happy, healthy kids.

Handsome, happy husband. :)

Happy New Year, Betsy!

Georgiana Daniels said...

Girl, you really did have a great year!

Eileen Astels Watson said...

What a Blessed year for you and your family, Betsy! May the blessings keep pouring in for you guys!