Tuesday, December 18, 2012

I'm only going to say this once more...

...and I'd love your comments/thoughts/opinions!

I posted this on FB the other day regarding the tragic news in Connecticut.

"I tried to say this on someone's picture but their privacy settings didn't allow it. So I'm coming here now. All these pics going around about the letter signed by God stating He isn't allowed in schools - this bothers me. At first I agreed and I still see the point - but its just not true. God hasn't forsaken government buildings. He IS still inside schools because the Holy Spirit resides inside the believers walking the halls. These pics to me give the unfortunate impression that God is either standing back with arms crossed in "I told you so" - inaccurate! Or worse, helpless. How in the world does anyone "allow" God to do anything? Also inaccurate impression. I think these pics are doing more harm than good. Personal opinion! It feels almost as if we're trying to make excuses for God by posting these things. He doesn't need our help in answering this. Its not our job to do that, we DON'T have answers. He does."

Within 24 hours after posting the above, it had 84 "likes". I had no idea so many people would agree with me, due to how many pictures I saw of that very thing I was "protesting". I had almost expected and braced for some backlash.

What do you think? Please be honest! :)

3 comments:

Carissa said...

No matter what the laws say God is always were His people are. Evil things happen because we live in a fallen world. Prayer might have been "legally" taken out of schools, it hasn't stop students and teachers alike from praying.

We may not know this side of Heaven why this happened but God will work what was meant for evil for good.

Helen said...

I do agree with you but N.America has been slowly eradicating the teaching of his morals, guidelines and laws used in everyday life except in the home where the family needs to be wholely responsible for His teachings. The unfortunate thing about this is the others who are not exposed to his teachings in the home quite often miss out with this. I agree totally about free will but the schools are where children are exposed to Him would be the best place to learn.
I hope I didn't step on too many toes, but it would be nice to be able to hear of Him freely in everyday life openly as it was.





Betsy St. Amant said...

Helen I completely agree! I'd love for all of that to be back in schools. My point was that despite the fact that prayer in school isn't encouraged anymore, and that 10 Commands aren't posted outside government buildings and etc etc doesn't mean God can't still go in :) Via His believers and witnesses for Him. I feel like the pictures and such saying as much on Facebook were inaccurate.