Monday, June 04, 2012

A little something about Dads

I've been thinking about Father's Day coming up. I can't believe we're already into June. Wow! Here comes the heat. Watch out Louisiana!

Dads are pretty awesome. I think they should get 2 days a year. Especially those who not only work hard to provide for their kids but still find the time to play with them and help raise them too. It's a tough balance, and one I respect! Little Miss is so blessed that her daddy works two jobs but still plays with her, buys her Icees, takes her to Bass Pro and on Daddy-dates, and loves her enough to discipline her even when that means being "the bad guy" during part of his limited time with her. What a man!

I had an amazing Dad myself growing up, and still do - which is funny since a lot of the heroines in my books somehow end up having daddy-issues. This is SO not intentional. lol I think it happens that way because of the natural conflict it brings, not because of anything from my own life. Quite the opposite :)  The father relationship is so important in a child's life, no matter what age, no matter what gender. I think that's why it often pops up in fiction stories.

What about you? Did you have a good father growing up? Is the father of your children awesome? Blessings to those who are, and for those who struggle, God gives us grace.

And remember, for those who lost a father or never really had one - God Himself is our Heavenly Father, who will NEVER leave us or forsake us. We can count on Him even when our earthly dads fail. God never fails. God is love. And He loves YOU. Unconditionally.

I hope this Father's Day you'll have a good experience celebrating with the dads in your life, but if you don't (and even if you do) remember to hang out with your Heavenly Dad. He loves times with us.

No comments: