Monday, April 25, 2011

A little help from our friends...

I'm asking for prayer this week as I tunnel underground (not really, but wouldn't that be nice!) and make the final push on finishing my Young Adult novel. My deadline is June 1st, but I really want to finish this week so my agent has time to read it over and make any suggestions. Then I can beat my deadline, which is always a good way to make a positive impression on a new editor :)

Then immediately start progress on my newly contracted Love Inspired novel which is due mid-July and currently consists of a grand total of 3 chapters. Count 'em, THREE.

So yes....Prayers appreciated!

I wish I really could tunnel and do nothing but write, but someone still has to keep the house running, the toddler fed and entertained, the clothes washed, and the madness contained, not to mention working my parttime job two days this week and meeting a bunch of newspaper article deadlines for job freelancing at the Forum within the next week.

I just re-read the above paragraph and would like to scream. Instead, I'll laugh. Because really, it's funny. ha! Hey, I can do all things through Christ, right? Philippians 4:13. Let's see if I can prove it ;)

Thanks for your support and encouragement! I'm really not complaining, because these are all great tasks and things I enjoy and am grateful that God gave me the opportunity to do! Blessings from above! I get paid to write - a true blessing.

THAT said...let's keep those prayers coming this week, hmmm? And in return, I'll pray for you! What's on your plate this week??

5 comments:

Anne said...

Praying for you right now! This whole week I'll be babysitting the 2-year-old for a friend who has to work while he's on Spring Break from daycare, so I guess I'll see how it's like to have twins! :) Melissa will love it of course, but I have no idea how I'll like it. So prayers appreciated too! And I'm sure you'll do great - God wouldn't have blessed you with so much if He didn't give you the ability to do it!

Eileen Astels Watson said...

Lifting a prayer for you now, Betsy. May you feel invigorated and raring to go!

Betsy St. Amant said...

Thanks ladies! And Anne - oh my! You are brave. Prayers heading your way as well!

Preslaysa said...

I'll be praying for you Betsy! What's on my plate? Keeping the house clean, the baby happy, the hubby happy, having relatives visit this week and GETTING MY WRITING QUOTA IN!

Tonya said...

Sounds like you are well on your way to being a successful & prolific novelist! Praying for ya
I am praying that I won't catch the virus going around- with a surpressed immune system that is no bueno