Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Have to brag...!!!

Last night, my status changed!
I am now officially the super-proud wifey of a Louisiana Fireman! Hard to believe...

Here are some pics of my hubby's graduation ceremony.


The graduates marching into the banquet hall...


Me, pinning the badge on his uniform. I was SO nervous =)
And then almost started crying when the Fire Chief told me "it's a pride and honor".
(the next two pics of me pinning are courtesy of the Shreveport Times website photographer)



The Fire Chief, next to the mayor and his wife, leading the recruits in their Oath


The Mayor of the city speaking words of encouragement and pride.


Me & my Fireman!!



The Whole Family =)


Hubby admiring the watch I got him as a gift

Our celebration dinner with friends and family afterward!

I'm still grinning - I'm just sooooo proud of him!
He's wanted this a long time and worked hard to get it. (and hey, think of all the awesome research connections I have now for future books! haha)

Celebrate with me, huh? =)

12 comments:

Kathy Kovach... said...

Look how cute you two are! Thanks for sharing this with the ACFW prayer loop. It was a priviledge to lift you guys up throughout this whole process.

Congrats!

Missy Tippens said...

Betsy,

Congrats to you and your husband!! The photos are wonderful!!

Missy

Carrie Turansky said...

Hi Betsy,

I loved seeing these photos of you and your hubby at his graduation! That is so special that you got to pin on his badge! I am so happy to see this happening for you all. I will continue to lift you up as you move and wait for the baby to arrive. So many great things happening!!
Blessings,
Carrie T. - from ACFW

Georgiana Daniels said...

You know, at your stage when you say your status has changed, that could mean a whole slew of things! You're like at the vortex of change.

Anyhoo, congratulations to you and BJ!!!

Erica Vetsch said...

Congratulations! What an honor! Thank your husband for me for his service to his community.

Annette M. Irby said...

Hey, Bets. These are great shots!! How exciting for you and your DH. So glad for all of you as you're nearing your baby's arrival. Great to see God working out the timing!

Hugs,
Annette

Paula said...

Your post made me smile. The pictures are just precious and I love the pride you have in your man. Congratulations.

Megan DiMaria said...

Congratulations to both of you. God bless your family.

A prisoner of hope,
Megan

Keisha said...

Congrats to Brandon and to you! Being a fire wife (that's what I call my friend, Stacy) is such a wonderful thing. It's kinda like Army Wives. They should have a show called Fire Wives. That would be great. Anyhoo, congrats and I can't wait to see that baby!

Amber had her baby on the 4th of July and the little chunker weighed in at 9lbs 13.4 oz. She did is naturally with no epidural. She was woman; I heard her roaring (from down the hall!)

Eileen Astels Watson said...

Congratulations! That's a huge milestone!

Can't wait to read the baby announcement and see pics of him or her, too!

I keep checking in for that one.

Audra E. said...

That's so awesome Betsy! Congrats to your husband! :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats to hubby. My hubby was on the local dept. for 22 years and now our oldest son is a volunteer for the same dept. It can be scary at times but they are so heroic.
Can't wait to hear the news about the little one to be.