Friday, July 25, 2008

My new love in life...



Whew! I'm back! And so far, 25 lbs lighter! =)

As most of you know, I gave birth to my baby girl Audrey Monday the 14th. The last almost two weeks have FLOWN by. She's a jewel and a joy and my princess and all that good stuff. Here are some stats:

She was born 7 lbs, 2 ounces, and only lost 3 ounces in the hospital. The pediatrician that checked her out declared her "perfect" but of course we already knew that =) She was 17 and 1/2 inches long and is already a little over 18 inches now. The delivery went relatively quick (if anything can be considered quick in that regard!) and I'm feeling much better now. No major complications or anything, thank the Lord, nothing we couldn't handle! Such a little thing, and she's already claimed my heart!

The reason its taken me so long to update my websites is because once we moved (yes, we made it in the house, finally! We moved on Tuesday, and I gave birth the following Monday. Uh, yeah.....Talk about timing!! Praise God) we had to get dial-up internet connection. That's what we get for being in the boonies. I think sending snail mail would be faster. Actually, I think the Pony Express on a stick horse would be faster. So hence the lack of pictures or blogs or updates! We are supposed to get high speed connection sometime next month though, so, in the meantime, I'll do my best to grit my teeth and stay around as much as possible! =)

Okay, now time to oohh and ahh....












12 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! She's gorgeous!!! And you look splendid. I'm so excited. I can't wait to come see both of you! Hope you're feeling well. Call me when you're up for a visit!!

Megan

Linda said...

Congratulations!!! What a beautiful daughter. Thanks for sharing the pics. May God bless your family.

Lori said...

She's so beautiful!!!!! She's definitely a little princess. :)

Sorry about the dial up... as a matter of fact, the Pony Express stick horse made it to my doorstep this afternoon. I was wondering what that was all about.

Love ya, chica! Enjoy the snuggle time!

Audra E. said...

Oh, Betsy, she's so adorable! Love it! And I loved the additional pictures you posted here. :)

Georgiana Daniels said...

How cute! I especially love the 2nd photo. What color are her eyes now?

Erica Vetsch said...

Congratulations, Betsy. She's beautiful!

Shannon McNear said...

Oh. My. Word. That baby is adorable! (Having cute parents helps but isn't a must! ;-) ) Congratulations and enjoy your "babymoon"!!!

Tiffany Amber Stockton said...

Ooooh! Was just chatting with a friend about you and your baby. So great to hear you and baby are healthy and doing well. She's absolutely adorable. Of course, having good-looking parents helps too. *winks*

LOVE pictures 2 and 8. A little princess for sure. Will you be coming to Minneapolis, or is it too soon?

Thanks for sharing. Good luck with getting high-speed back again and sending that Pony Express on a stick for a long ride. Continued prayers and blessings for you all.

Tammy said...

Congratulations! Your baby is precious! I have just started reading your Midnight Angel book. So far I love it! Take care and try to get plenty of rest!

Anonymous said...

Welcome little Audrey! She's gorgeous! I ask the new Grandpa about you all the time at work!! ~Mandy

Rhonda Gibson said...

Sorry I'm late getting in on this but...

SHE IS BEAUTIFUL!!! You did great girl! She looks healthy and happy. Come to think of it you do too.

Congrats!! Rhonda

Eileen Astels Watson said...

Congratulations! Audrey is beautiful! Thanks for all the great pics!