Wednesday, May 14, 2008

And Then There Were 3.....


I had the craziest moment yesterday! I was at the City Health Department getting a permit that allows us to install a septic system on our land (PS - if anyone reading this feels the need to send up a prayer that our house is ready this week, feel free! ha.) and there were several questions I had to answer.

"Which lot will the house go on?"

"How many bedrooms are in the house?

"Bathrooms?"

"What is the name of the company installing the septic system?"

"How many people will be living in the house?"

At that one, I kinda paused, and said "Me, and my husband. And her, eventually" and point to my stomach. Without a blink, the woman scribbles down the number 3 on the sheet.

I just stared at it.

3
Three
Tres
Trois


No matter how you write it, that number is one more than two. Our two-person family is going to change to three, in a matter of mere weeks! Obviously I know I'm pregnant, and that number-changing fact was inevitable, but this was a real sinking-in moment for me. I just smiled and stared at the 3 as the woman helping me kept scratching down information, probably wondering why in the world I was watching her paper so intently.

And then there were three. It has a nice ring to it, don't you think? =)

(just please remind me of that when I'm online at 2 in the morning, unable to sleep from #3's crying! hehee)

2 comments:

Georgiana Daniels said...

How cute!

I wish I'd been a blogger back when I was pregnant. Even though our youngest is only 2, I wasn't blogging yet. Now you have a record of all the cool stuff that's happening.

Audra E. said...

hahaha! That's so sweet. :)

I'm sure Audrey is going to be an absolutely adorable, precious baby. :)