Just a little contagious holiday fun...
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? WRAPPING PAPER!! I love shiny paper and big bows. Unless its a Snoopy bag, then its okay =)
2. REAL OR FAKE TREE? We use a fake tree - no bugs, or mess, or allergies. Though a real one would be a nice change one year. We'll see!
3. When do you put up the tree? Weekend after Thanksgiving.
4. When do you take the tree down? New Years weekend, usually.
5. Do you like eggnog? Nope
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Oh, wow. How to narrow it down? Maybe the big Barbie house my dad made me and my sister one year. Or my pink bike with the streamers on the handlebars.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, its actually Peanuts (Snoopy and the gang gathered around a baby Jesus! So cute!)
8. Hardest person to buy for? My grandfather - he has everything!
9. Easiest person to buy for? My mom or sister
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I can't really think of one. Maybe a sweater I never wore?
11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail! Old school is the best for this =)
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? The newer version of How the Grinch Stole Christmas and of course, Its Christmas Charlie Brown!
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Around Thanksgiving, most years.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes! lol Sad to admit.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Dressing. I love my mom's dressing! And every Christmas morning she makes sausuage balls and cheese biscuits. Delicious!!
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? I like both! Ours is a pre-lit tree with white lights, and its nice because then the ornaments stand out more.
17. Favorite Christmas song? O Holy Night! Its the best. So powerful and moving...
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? We are in town but usually are driving from my parents house to my grandparents house to my in-law's house....whew. Next year that'll be interesting with a baby!!
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Of course!
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? I like angels, but we have a red star. It was all I could find at the time at Target. Its pretty though!
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas Eve we do gifts at my grandma's house, but Christmas morning is reserved for gifts with my immediate family and my hubby and his family.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Traffic!!! Everyone trying to get to the same store I am trying to get to! =P
23. What do you love most about Christmas? The warm feeling you have inside! Sounds cheesy, but it's just true! There is a certain magical quality in the air, as if the presence of God on earth is just a little stronger right now, and is evident through people's tendency to be more compassionate and caring this time of year.