Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Refilling the tank...

I'm taking a break for a moment from promoting Christian fiction and instead, today, I will promote Christian music. There is no way that we as inspirational authors can adequately express Christ's message of grace, salvation and hope if we're writing on an empty tank!

Fill up today, won't you?

There's a song I've found that touches my soul every time I hear it. I got the CD and usually listen to it on my way to work each morning, a quiet time with God in the early morning rush hour. I get swept away every day, and usually arrive to work sniffing, eyes red-rimmed but spirit overflowing.

I've printed the lyrics below in case you need just such a song experience yourself. Please, please read the lyrics carefully. You won't regret it. It's a deep message.

The song is by the group Casting Crowns, from their brand new CD entitled "The Altar and the Door". This song is called "East to West".

** CAUTION **

Do not listen for the first time in a vehicle. You will almost inevitably close your eyes as you begin to worship and could possible endanger yourself and other drivers! =)


CASTING CROWNS - "EAST TO WEST"

Here I am Lord and I’m drowning
In Your sea of forgetfulness
The chains of yesterday surround me
I yearn for peace and rest
I don’t want to end up where You found me
And it echoes in my mind
Keeps me awake tonight

I know You’ve cast my sin as far
As the East is from the West
And I stand before You now
As though I’ve never sinned
But today I feel like I’m just one mistake away
From You leaving me this way

Jesus, can You show me just how far the East is from the West?
Cause I can’t bear to see the man I’ve been
Rising up in me again
In the arms of Your mercy I find rest
You know just how far the East is from the West
From one scarred hand to the other

I start the day, the war begins
Endless reminding of my sin
And time and time again
Your truth is drowned out by the storm I’m in
Today I feel like I’m just one mistake away
From You leaving me this way

Jesus, can You show me just how far the East is from the West?
Cause I can’t bear to see the man I’ve been
Come rising up in me againIn the arms of Your mercy I find rest
Cause You know just how far the East is from the West
From one scarred hand to the other

I know You’ve washed me white
Turned my darkness into light
I need Your peace to get me throughTo get me through this night
I can’t live by what I feelAbout the truth Your word reveals
And I’m not holding onto You
But You’re holding onto me
You’re holding onto me

Jesus, You know just how far the East is from the West
I don't have to see the man I’ve been
Come rising up in me again
In the arms of Your mercy I find rest
You know just how far the East is from the West
From one scarred hand to the other

3 comments:

Erica Vetsch said...

Love Casting Crowns...and you're so right...we have to fill up.

Yesterday I was at the hospital in my MIL's room. While she slept, I read in the book of Psalms. Such peace, such gratitude, swept over me, I had to blink away the tears.

Georgiana Daniels said...

Thank you for sharing the encouragement!

Catherine West said...

Just heard this song over the summer. I looked for the new cd but I couldn't find it. I doubt I will have time to get it in Dallas but maybe...